Friday 10 July 2020

Story Creation Challenge Round 2 | Part 1: Rules of the game



Round 1 took way too long, so I have decided to give myself less work for the second round. This time, instead of focusing on quantity, I would like to work on the quality of my stories instead - it can be having a better character and plot development, or write with more elegant expressions that will elevate the whole reading experience.

As such, I have settled upon flash fiction as the topic for Round 2.

A flash fiction is basically a story that has 1500 words or less. To learn more about flash fiction, visit this website: https://blog.reedsy.com/what-is-flash-fiction/

For this challenge, I will write a piece of flash fiction. There are no limits on the genre or the writing style. I am free to write whatever I want, but it must feel like a narrative and not some documentary script or news article.

I estimate that it will take me a month or less to complete this challenge. This is especially so since I have longer breaks from my work. I am so excited to take on this challenge and learn new things on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

📌 Pinned

[Live] Raison d'être for "The Rumination" series, progress on blog posts

LATEST UPDATES:   (1)  12 Feb 2021  -  New post under  "Dear Diary of Year 2020"  published!  (2)  7 Mar 2021  -  New post under  ...